CETUSA is proud to announce that we will be offering three study abroad scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. These scholarships are:
The Founder’s Scholarship
Named in honor of Rick Anaya and Terry Watson who started CETUSA after acquiring Dr. Frank Sprachen & Reisen (DFSR). DFSR is now one of our most trusted partners.
This scholarship will be for a student studying in Germany for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Bon Voyage Scholarship
This scholarship will be for a student studying in France for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Discover Scandinavia Scholarship
This scholarship will be for a student studying in Sweden for the 2017-2018 academic year.
These scholarships will pay for the program fees for a full year of study in the country. The fees include:
- Public high school acceptance
- Volunteer host family placement
- Visa support documents
- Pre-departure orientation
- Local orientation upon arrival
- Monitoring and supervision by local partner
- 24-hour emergency support
Not covered in the scholarship are:
- International airfare
- Medical/travel insurance
- Domestic transportation to host family and within the country
- School textbooks and lunches
- Extracurricular expenses for clubs, sports, etc.
- Passport/visa/resident card fees
- Personal spending money
The total value of these scholarships is $7,600 for Germany, $7,700 for France, and $7,500 for Sweden.
Applying for a Scholarship
In order to receive a scholarship, you will need to be accepted into the program first. Therefore we require that you:
- Either complete a pre-application on Google Forms (https://goo.gl/forms/ozCSrzHCYLNOXO2I2), fill out the contact form on the right, or email email@example.com. Indicate that you are interested in a scholarship.
- Complete the application for your country of interest. This can be quite a lengthy process, and we will help you if needed.
- Go through a personal interview with us in-person or via Skype. This is a way for us to get to know you better and understand your motivations.
In addition, we require for the scholarship:
- Three completed essay questions. Each response should be no longer than 500 words.
- Why do you want to study abroad?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Who is the most influential person in your decision to study abroad?
- One academic letter of recommendation
- One letter of personal recommendation
- Letter of parental support for student participation in the program
The deadline to submit a scholarship application (all steps fully completed) is:
February 1st, 2017
After all entries have been submitted, a scholarship committee will meet and choose the winner for each scholarship. The winners will be announced around mid-March.
Good luck to all those who apply!
Donating to a Scholarship
Help CETUSA ensure broad diversity in our study abroad students by contributing to our Study Abroad Scholarship Fund. The Fund will award scholarship money to talented and motivated American high school students. CETUSA is a commitment partner with the Generation Study Abroad initiative. CETUSA has committed to providing scholarship opportunities and to doubling the number of American students studying abroad through CETUSA programs.
Businesses or individuals may donate funds to establish a scholarship to benefit students in their community. CETUSA is a non-profit 501(c3). Donations may be tax deductible. Clicking the button below will take you to a secure page where you may complete your donation.