Culinary Arts Program – 10832
Training or Internship
Posted 1 day ago
Start Date: October 2023
Training Duration: 12 months
Hours: 32-40 hours per week
Compensation: $14.25 per hour
Housing: 1-week stay upon arrival
Number of Positions Offered: 8
Host Company Description:
This 4-star hotel in downtown Houston offers beautiful rooms looking over the city and features a variety of dining options and elevated amenities. The main restaurant boasts a James Beard award-winning chef and with a rooftop pool the size of Texas, guests can unwind and experience the city of Houston in style.
- Learn all aspects of high-volume food service in a fine dining environment.
- Assist in preparing food for service (e.g., chop vegetables, butcher meat, or prepare sauces)
- Assist in preparing menu items under supervision.
- Advance management skills and supervisory duties
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be hospitality, culinary, or restaurant management undergraduate/graduate students OR be recent graduates who begin the program within 12 months of their graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold hospitality, culinary, or restaurant management degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR have 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Applicants must speak ADVANCED ENGLISH, have a positive attitude, and the ability to communicate with clients and hotel associates
- Culinary and Food & Beverage J1’s are required to have a Tuberculosis Clearance before they are eligible to start work
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Culinary Arts|