Training Duration: 12 months
Hours: 32-40 hours per week
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Housing: 2-week temporary stay upon arrival
Number of Positions Offered: 2
Host Company Description:
Located on Lake Spenard, this hotel’s scenic location provides beautiful sightseeing opportunities. Guests can watch seaplanes land on nearby Lake Hood, explore Anchorage, and the surrounding natural beauty. Training at this hotel will provide program participants with a very unique opportunity to learn in and explore Alaska.
- Learn all aspects of high-volume food service in a fine dining environment.
- Assist in preparing food for service (e.g., chop vegetables, butcher meat, or prepare sauces)
- Assist in preparing menu items under supervision.
- Advance management skills and supervisory duties
- To apply for the Internship program, applicants must be hospitality, culinary, or restaurant management undergraduate/graduate students OR be recent graduates who begin the program within 12 months of their graduation date
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold hospitality, culinary, or restaurant management degrees and have at least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR have 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Applicants must speak ADVANCED ENGLISH, have a positive attitude, and the ability to communicate with clients and hotel associates
- Culinary and Food & Beverage J1’s are required to have a Tuberculosis Clearance before they are eligible to start work
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title