Start Date: 2023-2024
Training Duration: 12–18 months
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
This host company is located close to downtown Atlanta and is a global logistics provider. The program participant will learn about regulations in the U.S. Logistics Industry, perform various shipment duties, review promotional materials, and prepare export/import shipping documents. The participant will gain organizational and time management skills and will acquire customer service experience in high-volume business.
- Responsible for handling Ocean Export & Import documentation
- Monitor containers from origin to destination to ensure on-time delivery to avoid delays or storage charges.
- Tracking & handling all aspects of shipments from origin to destination
- Sending pre-alert, making files, tracking shipment, issuing Bill of Lading, liaising with customs brokers & steamship lines.
- Responsible from start to completion for export & import process
- Quote transportation and ocean freight rates to overseas offices.
- Consult and advise partners on best methods
- Communicate with export related authorities, customers, and suppliers to ensure efficient, positive, and lawful relationships
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of logistics, business, or similar OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, or similar and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP – role in Excel heavy)
- Strong math and computer skills
- Exceptional attention to accuracy, detail, and time-management
- Ability to communicate, present, and negotiate effectively
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||Business, Marketing, Management and Finance|