Start Date: December 2022
Training Duration: 6 – 12 months
Compensation: Round-trip air fare, small living expense stipend ($300 per month)
Housing: Free housing provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
This non-profit organization specializes in designing, manufacturing, and supplying biomass burning stoves to developing countries. They aim to create cookstoves that are efficient, affordable, and culturally appropriate for those that receive them. Their clean burning stoves produce less emissions and require less fuel, which results in less deforestation and better health for those that use them.
- Working both alone and together with others to developing conceptual designs
- Using CAD (Fusion 360) to develop detailed designs of cookstoves
- Using CAD to design appropriate technology for cookstove production
- Building prototypes from sheet metal (forming, spot welding, and general metal fabrication), ceramic, refractory, & other materials.
- Designing, building, testing, & evaluating manufacturing tooling
- Conducting performance and emissions testing of biomass fueled cookstoves
- Evolving designs based on test results and on feedback from potential users.
- Cookstove material evaluation and selection
- To apply for the Internship program, you must be an undergraduate student of Mechanical Engineering OR a recent graduate starting the program within 12 months of graduation.
- To apply for the Trainee program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 1 year of work experience OR be a career professional of 5 or more years in related field.
- Applicants must speak advanced English
- Competency in Fusion 360 &/or other CAD tools
- Hands-on maintenance, fabrication, &/or construction experience
- Eagerness to learn both hands-on and academically
- Ability to effectively get project work done
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- A strong work ethic
How to Apply:
- Submit a professional resume with a professional photograph
- Indicate availability dates (start and end dates)
- Indicate this offer number and title
|Job Category||The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations|