Start Date: Fall/Winter 2022
Training Duration: 18 months
Hours: 32–40 hours per week
Location: Stamford, CT
Compensation: $15 per hour
Housing: not provided
Number of Position Offered: 1
Host Company Description:
Located in Stamford, CT, the host company is a non-profit, affordable housing provider. They have been committed to improving the quality of life in communities with housing and services with a goal of financial self-sufficiency for families, veterans, and seniors throughout the state. They are seeking dedicated individuals who are interested in learning different aspects of business operations in a property management setting.
Individuals will become familiar with the organization and gain experience by way of a rotating through multiple divisions of the organization. Position assignments may include Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources, and/or other areas based on the intern’s education and experience. Primary tasks include:
- Assisting with recertifications, vacancies, delinquencies, and other property management duties.
- Completing other tasks, duties, and/or special projects as assigned by your supervisor.
- Handling income and rent calculations for tenants using HUD and LIHTC formulas.
- Receiving and processing tenant rent collections, delinquencies, late notices and posting rents.
- Assisting residents and applicants with inquiries and questions regarding LIHTC, HUD, compliance, and affordable housing availability.
- To apply for the Trainee program, applicants must hold Business Management degrees and have least 1 year of professional work experience related to the degree, OR be career professionals of 5 or more years of professional experience in this field
- Excellent English skills–Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations
Download Position Listing