Soccer, steak and the tango. Argentina takes you from the tropics to the Antarctic and from the plains to the desert.
- 10, 5, or 3 month program starts in either February or July
- Flexible start dates for 3 month program
- One and two month programs also available upon request
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 19
- No prior Spanish language required
- School year starts in March
- Optional private Spanish language lessons upon arrival (20, 40, or 60 hours)
- Placed with volunteer host family
- Application Deadlines: 12/15 for February,
5/15 for July
- Academic Year – $7,950
- Semester – $7,450
- 3 months – $6,750
- Insurance – $80/month
- Optional Spanish lessons – $300-$900
$1000 deposit due with application
**Prices are subject to change**
- Public or semi-private high school acceptance
- Volunteer host family placement
- Visa support documents
- Pre-departure orientation
- Arrival orientation in Cordoba
- 15 hour Spanish course after arrival
- Monitoring and supervision by local partner while in Argentina
- 24-hour emergency support
Program does not include:
- International airfare
- Domestic transportation to host family and within Argentina
- School textbooks and school lunches
- Extracurricular expenses for clubs, sports, etc.
- Passport/visa/resident card fees
- Personal spending money
Situated in the southern-most part of South America, Argentina is a unique country with incredible diversity of landscapes from the great plains of the east to the Andes mountains in the west. The Argentine climate spans sub-Antarctic rain forests in Patagonia, tropical jungles, mountains, sandy beaches, and deserts.
Argentina is 1.4 million square miles with a population of 40 million people. Soccer and tango are two of the nation’s most favorite past times. The capital city of Argentina is Buenos Aires.
High School System:
Secondary education is sub-divided into two levels. Lower secondary provides general education while upper secondary encourages students to specialize. At the conclusion of secondary school, students can take an entrance exam for enrollment in one of Argentina’s state universities. Private universities in Argentina may have additional admission requirements.