High school program in Finland is your chance to study abroad in one of the most impressive educational systems in Europe. Learn in a classroom environment where teachers are required to receive their master’s degrees, and 66 percent of Finnish students go on to get a higher education. As Pasi Shalberg, a member of Finland’s Ministry of Education and Culture stated, “we prepare children to learn how to learn, not how to take a test.”
As a student studying and living abroad, you’ll make life-long friends and gain a deeper understanding of the Finnish language and culture, all while enjoying the breathtaking forests and lakes that make up this unique archipelago.
Program at a Glance
- Host family accommodation provides full language and culture immersion
- No previous language experience required — beginners welcome!
- You can choose between trimester, semester or academic year lengths
- A straightforward online application process
- Start dates available in Spring or Fall
*Video courtesy of Visit Finland