High School Language and Cultural Immersion program in Argentina will give you a chance to live and study in one of the world’s largest Spanish-speaking countries in South America’s Southern Cone.
As an exchange student, you’ll live with a host family and attend a local public or private high school, and also have plenty of opportunity to travel around this diverse country. With trimester, semester, and academic year program length options, this program is ideal for all students – whether your goal is to become fluent in Spanish or simply eat as many empanadas as possible.
*Video courtesy of Argentina Turismo
Application Deadline: March 15th
- Trimester: July – October
- Semester: July – December
- Academic Year: July – June
- Airport pickup upon arrival
- Host family accommodation and 3 meals per day
- School placement
- Comprehensive medical/accident insurance
- Arrival Orientation
It is recommended prior to departure each student confirms with the home school whether courses will be transferable or accepted. There is no guarantee your host school will provide you an official transcript. It is the student’s responsibility to request and receive documentation or letters from the host school verifying completion of course work. Students must have good attendance, standing, and behavior in their host school for such requests to be fulfilled.
- Visa Assistance in applying for the visa ahead of arrival, including visa paperwork and extensive directions and support.
- Pre-departure support from your US-based program manager
- Support from in-country staff upon arrival to your homestay
- Pre-departure orientation before you leave.
- 24-hour in-country and emergency support for the duration of the program, including 24-hour emergency phone numbers to reach a program manager at any time.
You will need to budget for:
- Flights to and from homestay
- Optional tutoring or academic support tutoring as needed
- School supplies needed
- Local transportation
- Pocket money
- Personal hygiene articles (deodorant, tampons, perfume, shampoo)
- Specialty food items, if needed for allergies or preference