DUE TO THE PANDEMIC WE ARE NOT ABLE TO OFFER THIS PROGRAM FOR 2022
Study Abroad in Argentina
Situated in the southern-most part of South America, Argentina is a unique country with incredible diversity of landscapes from the great plains of the east to the Andes mountains in the west. The Argentine climate spans sub-Antarctic rain forests in Patagonia, tropical jungles, mountains, sandy beaches, and deserts.
Argentina is 1.4 million square miles with a population of 40 million people. Soccer and tango are two of the nation’s most favorite past times. The capital city of Argentina is Buenos Aires.
Being the world’s 8th largest country, Argentina is home to diverse landscapes that
range from regions of snow capped mountains and lakes to rainbow colored rock
formations and beautiful coastlines. Sharing a rich social culture, family and friends
are really important. Argentinians love spending time outdoors to talk, drink mate
and eat an ‘asado’ (Argentinian barbecue). Argentina offers a friendly and welcoming environment that helps students integrate into their new life.
*Video courtesy of Argentina Turismo
- Duration :
1 academic year
1 academic semester
9-12 weeks program
5-8 weeks program
4 weeks program
- Optional private Spanish language lessons upon arrival (20, 40, or 60 hours)
Fully vetted host families:
- Our host families live all over Argentina. They are volunteer host families. 95 % of them have teenagers, who usually attend the same high school the Exchange student attends. Our families live in regions that have mild sunny weather. Students integrate and take part in the family activities and daily life as a family member.
Terms of Participation:
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 18 upon arrival
- Must have a C or higher in all courses for the last two years
- Some medical restrictions apply
- No prior knowledge of Spanish required
- Arrival :
Academic year, semester or 9-12 weeks :
July and end of February
- 10, 5, or 3 month program starts in either February or July
- Flexible start dates for short programs
4, 5-8 weeks : every Friday from February-mid September, except from the July 1- 20th
- Spring Semester Application Deadline: December 15th
- Fall Semester Application Deadline: May 15th
- Academic Year – $7,500
- Semester – $6,800
- 3 months – $4,050
- 2 months – $3,750
- 1 month – $3,400
Required International Health/Liability Insurance:
- Academic Year – $900
- Semester – $ 450
- 3 months – $ 270
- 2 months – $180
- 1 month- $90
$1700 deposit due with application
– Soft Landing Camp – $550
Public or semi-private high school acceptance
Volunteer host family placement
Visa support documents
Monitoring and supervision by local partner while in Argentina
24-hour emergency support
Program Does Not Include
Domestic transportation to host family and within Argentina
School textbooks and school lunches
Extracurricular expenses for clubs, sports, etc.
Passport/visa/resident card fees
Personal spending money
Optional Arrival Orientation
High School System
Secondary education is sub-divided into two levels. Lower secondary provides general education while upper secondary encourages students to specialize. At the conclusion of secondary school, students can take an entrance exam for enrollment in one of Argentina’s state universities. Private universities in Argentina may have additional admission requirements.
Schools have one of the following orientations:
Humanities and social sciences, Economy, Biology and Art.
Friendship is important at schools because students have the same classmates
since 8th grade and teachers encourage cooperative and group-work.
Schools give many opportunities to socialize with the classmates. School day is from 7.45 to 1 pm and two afternoons per week. The school year starts in late February and finishes in mid December.