US – Mexico Intern Program
Host an Intern
Council for Educational Travel, USA (CETUSA) announces the opportunity for US companies to participate in the US-Mexico Intern program. University students and recent graduates from Mexican universities will be arriving as interns in the US beginning January 2016 traveling on the US Department of State J-1 Visitor Exchange program. US companies may apply to host these interns for training periods of up to 12 months. This is an incredible opportunity for US companies looking to build relationships with Mexican companies or for those companies who would like to offer a cross cultural opportunity to their US based employees. Interested companies should contact CETUSA at USMexico@cetusa.org or call 888.423.8872.
Internships are possible in the following occupational categories:
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Public Administration and Law
- Information Media and Communications
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial occupations
Intern applicant must be a Mexican national who:
(1) is currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree, or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States,
(2) has graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his or her exchange visitor program start date.
Host companies are:
- exempt from FICA/FUTA taxes
- exempt from program fees
- not responsible for travel expenses
- not responsible for health insurance
- not responsible for ANY visa related documents
Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs Evan Ryan and Under Secretary for North American Affairs Sergio Alcocer signed a memorandum of Understanding to create the U.S.–Mexico Intern Program.
- provide your company with pre-screened applicants
- assist host companies with training plan development
- help candidates obtain their visa
- arrange medical insurance
- provide regular monitoring and support
- assist applicant in finding housing
Flexible start dates available!
Contact CETUSA today!
We have resumes for immediate review.
Manager, U.S.- Mexico Program
Bellingham, Washington Office